O&M Civil Asset Management Engineer
As a 360° player in the offshore wind industry, Parkwind is one of Europe’s leading companies in the field of developing, financing, constructing and operating offshore wind farms. Today our company operates 771MW in the Belgian territorial waters (Belwind, Northwind, Nobelwind and Northwester 2) and has a pipeline of another 600MW offshore in Ireland (Oriel) and Germany (Arcadis Ost). Being a pioneer in the offshore industry, Parkwind grew strongly over the past decade and is ambitious to grow internationally within the renewable sector.
The current shareholders of Parkwind are Colruyt Group, Korys NV (the investment holding of the Colruyt family) and the Flemish investment fund PMV.
To reinforce our Operations & Maintenance team in Ostend (25 FTE’s), we are looking for an O&M Civil Asset Management Engineer. Within the team with the other Asset Management Engineers and Site Supervisors, you will be a critical link in managing the civil assets which consist today of approximately 200 foundations and 250 km submarine high voltage cables.
As an Asset Management Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Following up on asset engineering strategy to ensure and maximize the lifetime of the assets
- by processing offshore monitoring data;
- by participating in R&D projects;
- Developing improvement projects to ensure the durability of the assets, advising technical solutions towards your colleagues and creating links with the Electrical and Turbine O&M departments;
- Compiling technical recommendations to the management;
- Coordination and supervision of offshore maintenance campaigns, partially executed by subcontractors and including the investigation, root cause analysis and solving of ad hoc issues and gathering the right resources (crew, materials, vessel,…);
- Managing framework agreements with contractors to develop long-term relationships;
Flexibility (in both ways) will be a part of your function. You will work from the office of Oostende, with occasional travel to Leuven. You will regularly go offshore (and occasionally travel in Belgium and abroad).
You will report to the O&M Civil Team Lead.
- You are passionate by renewable energy and enjoy working in a maritime environment;
- You obtained a Master’s Degree or equivalent through experience in relevant engineering discipline (Civil/Construction/Mechanical/Marine Engineering);
- You have 3 - 5 years’ experience, preferably in a related industry (construction, wind, steel, marine industry);
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken), knowledge of Dutch is an advantage;
- You are a team player with strong communication skills, diligent and capable of working autonomously;
- You have an analytical approach with strong interest in data analysis and appetite for academic exercises. Knowledge of applicable software environments (such as CAD, GIS, Matlab) is a plus.
- You have an eye for new trends within the market
- You are able to combine theory with practice and take ownership over complex problems;
- You are pro-active, hands-on and solution-oriented attitude;
- You have a safety mindset with awareness towards QHSSE legislation;
- You are able to maintain a good working relationship with contractors;
- An adventurous job with an international character, in a growing sector and growing company;
- The opportunity to manage O&M projects from A to Z;
- The opportunity to participate during the development and construction of new offshore wind projects abroad;
- A challenging function with responsibilities;
- Safety and Technical Trainings
- An attractive remuneration and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits (including group insurance, hospitalization insurance, 13 RWT (ADV) days,…).